It's funny how two people can have similar, though rather odd, experiences. A friend sent this email after my post this week.
The subject was "Regarding Turtles..." (and of course this is posted with her permission).
_________________
Honest to God (capital G or small g.. hmmmm.), anyway, for 3 days last week as I’ve left my condo complex there has been this object on the lawn near the entrance. Every day I’ve strained to determine what it was and was positive it was a (rather large for New England) turtle. It was a dark, olivey color with that "turtle pattern" on it’s back. Finally, by day 4 of this "ritual" I realized that it couldn’t possibly be a turtle because it hadn’t moved from the exact same spot in four days.
Why didn’t I realize this on day two? As you so eloquently put earlier today is it the Polish or Southern exposure in me? (I can’t claim the trifecta as I’ve never been blonde – but have thought about it!)
p.s. – I finally figured out that it was some sort of ball that was either cut in half or half deflated.
___________________
Perhaps it's contagious.